struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation in general
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 08:10:34 GMT
Am 04.09.13 08:26, schrieb Lukasz Lenart:
> 2013/9/3 Steven Benitez <steven.benitez@gmail.com>:
>> A wiki may be better for our purposes, but I think that the barrier to
>> contribution needs to be re-worked. I've submitted patches to the code
>> before, but to contribute documentation I need to fill out a form, print
>> it, scan it, and email/fax it to Apache. Seems like more trouble than it's
>> worth, IMO.
> C'mon, it's just 5 sec! And opens doors to become committer :-)
Actually, it's not!

Not everybody got a scanner or a fax round the corner. I understand it
is necessary, but we should not require an ICLA for typos or small
contributions (fixing a parameter in docs or so).

That said, we need an ICLA, right, but we should be aware this is a
barrier and the difference to GitHub.

Cheers