struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation in general (was: Fwd: Re: Removing links from the main page)
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 20:41:54 GMT
Am 02.09.13 22:13, schrieb Ken McWilliams:
> A bit off topic, but on the subject of clean up the struts2 tag reference
> has been out of date for ages with respect to telling you if the attribute
> is evaluated for ognl by default or not.
>
> http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/tag-reference.html
>
> Check the "if" and "property" tags, the "test" and "value" attributes
> respectively are marked as "false" under the evaluated heading which is
> clearly false. As a matter of fact I can't find one instance of "true" for
> any attribute under any tag!

very welcome feedback. Actually I believe a Wiki is not the best tool
for documentation. I am sticking to this project for a while now, but I
could not tell from mind how to properly update the docs. I think if we
could give the wider community a chance to easily contribute to the
docs, we would have a huge win. For example, if you (Ken) would have the
chance to change the problem you found within 2 minutes, you certainly
would have done so already.

> Ascetics count. I like the new struts2 page "http://struts.apache.org/" and
> kudos struts2 community on that.
Thanks! We are using the Apache Maven Fluido plugin here, which uses
Bootstrap (just in case you want to use it too :-))
> However when people on stackoverflow ask when should they use "%{}" being
> able to point them at the tag reference would make the most sense...
You mean, OGNL docs are lacking? You are right. I just discussed that
with a few fellows at  Google Hangout.

That said, its worth to separate this into a on thread, which i did now.

Not sure if the idea to switch to a different documentation system finds
support. If it does, lets discuss what opportunities we have.

Cheers

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Steven Benitez
<steven.benitez@gmail.com>wrote: > This sounds good to me. A more up to
date site would be good. > > On Monday, September 2, 2013, Christian
Grobmeier wrote: > > > Hi folks, > > > > at our main page are the
following links: > > > > http://struts.SourceForge.net/ -> pretty
outdated, last update from > > 2006 it seems > > > >
http://people.apache.org/~rubys/planet/struts -> doesn't look too good >
> for us either... > > > > http://www.ApacheBookstore.com/ -> Is this
still maintained? > > > > In general I am doubting the sense of the page
at struts.apache.org. > > As we don't maintain S1 anymore, we could move
a lot of it to S2 page, > > leaving the main page with something similar
like we have at logging: > > > > http://logging.apache.org > > > >
Questions: > > > > 1) Are you fine if I would remove the links mentioned
above? > > 2) Are you fine to move to a simpler landing page (on the
long term)? > > > > Cheers > > Christian > > > > > >