struts-dev mailing list archives

From "bphillips@ku.edu" <bphill...@ku.edu>
Subject Creating Your Own Struts 2 Theme No Longer Works?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:29:59 GMT
I'm updating the themes tutorial
(http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/struts-2-themes.html) but
cannot get my example application to work using the latest version of Struts
2.

The example application is at
http://code.google.com/p/struts2-examples/downloads/detail?name=Themes_Struts_2_Mvn_2_2_1.zip
(I'm updating this code and moving it to our Struts sandbox subversion
repository).

Previously, I thought to create a new theme for a tag you just copied the
tag's theme (e.g. checkboxlist.ftl) to a new file with the same name but in
a directory named /template/[your theme name]/  that is under web app.

However this seems to no longer work as I'm getting an error that FreeMarker
is no looking for all tag theme definitions (e.g. text.flt, select.ftl)
under /template[your theme name]/.

Any help getting this to work would be great - our Struts 2 documentation on
creating your own theme for a tag is lacking.

Bruce