struts-dev mailing list archives

From "bphillips@ku.edu" <bphill...@ku.edu>
Subject Conventions Plugin Changes Since 2.2.1?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 17:28:14 GMT
I'm updating the example applications located here
http://code.google.com/p/struts2-examples/downloads/list   and moving them
to our Subversion repository.  These example applications are referenced in
our Getting Started Tutorials:
http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/getting-started.html

I'm currently working on updating the Struts 2 convention and annotations
example application from 2.2.1 to 2.3.15.

This example application:
http://code.google.com/p/struts2-examples/downloads/detail?name=Struts2_Annotations_Mvn_2_2_1.zip
uses the Struts 2 convention plugin and version 2.2.1 of Struts.  It works
fine.

After updating the version of Struts to 2.3.15 and removing the javassist
dependency (no longer needed to be a separate dependency in Struts 2.3.15)
the Actions are no longer found by the convention plugin.

I checked the Convention plugin documentation at
http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/convention-plugin.html and I
cannot find any reasons why this code should no longer work.

If someone could review the application
(http://code.google.com/p/struts2-examples/downloads/detail?name=Struts2_Annotations_Mvn_2_2_1.zip)
and its associated tutorial
(http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/struts-2-annotations.html) and
help me figure out why the example application no longer works under 2.3.15
and what I need to change to get it to work for 2.3.15 that would be great.

Then I can update the tutorial and example application.

Bruce