struts-dev mailing list archives

From Maurizio Cucchiara <mcucchi...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Struts 2.3.14.1 quality (fast track).
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 08:46:11 GMT
The Struts 2.3.14.1 test build is now available.

It includes the latest security patches which fix two possible vulnerabilities:
* OGNL eval expressions has been disabled by default.

For details and the rationale behind these changes, please consult the
corresponding security bulletins:
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-012
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-013

Please note that currently these bulletins and the release notes are
only visible to logged-in users with the struts-committer role. This is
a needed requirement to control disclosure until the actual release is
announced.

Release notes:
* [https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.3.14.1]

Maven 2 staging repository:
* [https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/]

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
with a vote on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

This is a "fast-track" release vote. If we have a positive vote after
24 hours (at least three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s),  the
release may be submitted for mirroring and announced to the usual
channels.

The website download link will include the mirroring timestamp
parameter [1], which limits the selection of mirrors to those that
have been refreshed since the indicated time and date. (After 24
hours, we *must* remove the timestamp parameter from the website link,
to avoid unnecessary server load.) In the case of a fast-track
release, the email announcement will not link directly to
<download.cgi>, but to <downloads.html>, so that we can control use of
the timestamp parameter.

[1] http://apache.org/dev/mirrors.html#use

Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921