struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plan for Struts 3
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:33:40 GMT
2013/3/18 Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org>:
> Ah, that wouldn't be nice to Struts 2 users :-) Just let Struts 2 be as it
> is. Perhaps add notes to the documentation and call it quits for those
> plugins.

Yes I know, but with S2 versioning policy in place it should be
already S4. What I mean is that the plugin will support already
unsupported technology. Also the Zero Configuration and Code Behind
plugins are already covered by the Convention plugin. The Dojo plugin
is the same death as S1 - it isn't possible to support without
rewriting it from scratch.

Just to understand my concerns, please take look on the versioning
scheme right now: [2].major.minor/patch.security.
Someone has already pointed out me that the S2.3.12 introduces some
backward compatibility breaking changes, but with such versioning
policy is very hard to handle changes smoothly.

That's why I would like to drop support for these plugins - we can
even call it S2.5 to clear say what kind of changes represents that
version.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz