struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wiki cleanup
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 07:48:03 GMT
2013/3/19 Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>:
> 1) http://wiki.apache.org/struts
> 2) https://cwiki.apache.org/WW/
> 3) https://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/
> 4) https://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/
>
> Our homepage links to #3 (which currently looks as it would not have a
> stylesheet, btw)

Started auto-export by hand, it should be ok in few minutes - I think
it happen from time to time as Infra is restoring something on that
server ;-)

> I know #1 is not maintained.
>
> What about the other 2 wikis?
>
> Do we have a chance to kick 3 of the 4 wikis and just go with one?

The problem here is that the #2 contains the docs which are included
as a part of release (distro) and I have moved some pages sometime ago
from #2 to #3  to decrease the size of generated package. As there is
no good way to version docs right now, we use such a flow:

Confluence to keep docs up-to-date -> autoexport them to cwiki.o.a/WW
to be in offline state -> periodically update
struts.a.o/development/2.x -> when new release is started,
cwiki.o.a/WW is downloaded and assembled with JavaDocs thus gives us
struts-2.x.x-docs.zip

With such a flow in place with have docs that matches the binary
version and source at given point of time, and that's why there were
subsites per version :-)

So combine all the wikis into one could generate a massive problem
here. Also the idea behind #3 is add users a space to express
themselves ;-)
#4 is to keep the track of all the plugins not only bundled with S2.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/