struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git (Was: Plan for Struts 3)
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 10:53:14 GMT
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:
> 2012/12/6 Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>:
>> Would be glad to look at your repos on github.
>>
>> One question: are we going to fix issues in Struts 2.x on SVN or are
>> we going to have everything on GIT then?
>> In the git-brnaching-model link I see one development branch. I think
>> we would need a develop2x, develop3x etc branches, right?
>
> I thought to leave S2 on SVN and only support it in case of security
> fixes and really important (performance) fixes, on Git just have S3

Works for me. Its much safer until we all have the necessary
experience and a workflow has become natural.

We can incoperate fixes from S2 (svn) into S3 (git). I once wrote
something in that direction for Apache Logging:
http://wiki.apache.org/logging/UsingGitWithLogging

I took changes from GIT and pushed it to SVN

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de