struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache CMS / svnpubsub
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:14:02 GMT
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org>wrote:

> 2012/12/10 Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>:
> > we are listed as project using an page publishing system which will stop
> > working in 3 weeks. I never saw a cms discussion here... did i miss it?
> we
> > need to act pretty quickly. I am far from an expert in that area but have
> > helped with logging migration and might be able to add a few cents if
> > Struts does need it.
>
> I'm not sure if I understand that correctly - do we have to move the
> whole documentation from Confluence as well ? Or is it just related to
> the site ? But what about our release process... confused :\

Confluence as a wiki is untouched, its just not possible to use it as "main
site", whatever it means. The requirement is that we store our website
somewhere in an svn tree.

Do we vote on the website if we release a new version?

> > Can anybody tell me what the current status is?
>
> As Philip said, nothing happened :/

OK, lets act quickly with that one now :-|
Otherwise we'll not be able to update our website, or so I understood it.

basically we could do it as we do it in logging:

- request a test cms aka struts-test.apache.org
- maintain the main site with the Apache CMS
- create extref (or so) for subsites
- create the site via mvn, copy the target to the new svn tree

Is this a process we can live with?

Cheers
Christian