struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance issue -> next release
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 06:43:16 GMT
2012/12/12 Philip Luppens <philip.luppens@gmail.com>:
> I'd say to go for it, but please do explain what the issue was for archival
> reasons, since the original ticket[1] did not receive any update yet.

Ok, you're right. The problem is related to my FileManager
refactorings and introduced FileManagerFactory with default
implementation

ConfigurationManager#conditionalReload() from version 2.3.7 looks like this:

public synchronized void conditionalReload(Container container) {
    FileManager fileManager =
container.getInstance(FileManagerFactory.class).getFileManager();
    if (fileManager.isReloadingConfigs() || providersChanged) {
}

so each time FileManager instance was looked up just to check if
reloadConfigs flag is set to true, but right now it looks like this
and the flag is checked directly

public synchronized void conditionalReload(Container container) {
    boolean reloadConfigs =
Boolean.parseBoolean(container.getInstance(String.class,
XWorkConstants.RELOAD_XML_CONFIGURATION));
    if (reloadConfigs || providersChanged) {
}

Regards
--
Ɓukasz