struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: processing of multipart request
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 02:49:14 GMT
You file a JIRA ticket for an improvement and attach a patchfile.

Dave

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Fastupload <fastupload@outlook.com> wrote:

> Lukasz,
>
> thanks for your reply and useful hint.
>
> I'm very happy to prepare a patch. but I'm not familiar with the development process
in Struts2 project. for example, register an account, check in patch, etc. any guide about
this?

> Fastupload had registered groupId in Sonatype. it encounters 401 errors in the deployment.
Sonatype engineer find the root cause. He is resolving it.

> regards,
> Link
>
> On Nov 19, 2012, at 5:46 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> 2012/11/18 Fastupload <fastupload@outlook.com>:
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> Maybe there is a way to support any proposal for file upload component.  Struts2
framework defines an interface , only abstraction actions for access multipart data, maybe
named MultipartData. It should have the key methods,
>>> isFile();
>>> getHeaders();
>>> getInputStream();
>>> getString();
>>> .. etc..
>>>

>>> then, the MultiPartRequest interface adds a few methods,
>>> getMultipartData(String ),
>>> getMultipartDatas();
>>>
>>> for MultiPartRequestWrapper interface adds a few method that read configuration
that can indicates whether new file or old upload framework. the configuration should be injected
into MultiPartRequestWrapper instance at Struts2 bootstrap.

>>> The solution can keep current file upload framework work, as well it has a wild
range extension for upload components. It needn't change interceptors stack.

>> Super, could you prepare a patch ?
>

>>> Fastupload  already provide both temporary file and access multipart data directly
way. the second way needs modify struts2 source code. So it's not public. if you're interest
in it. please look at
>>> https://sourceforge.net/p/fastupload/code/ci/718cbd3ff61eb6b088354237ba0f13433d28ef8a/tree/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/multipart/
>>
>> I'm not sure if understand, is it something else instead changing the
>> framework ?
>>
>> BTW I cannot find FastUpload in Maven Central [1], it would be best to
>> push to Maven Central first, this can be done with [2]
>>
>> [1] http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cfastupload
>> [2] http://www.sonatype.com/people/2011/10/publishing-your-artifacts-to-the-central-repository/
>>

>> Regards
>> --