struts-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Belingueres <belingue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 02:02:59 GMT
Hi!

I think the mistake here is to think in terms of a new "result type"
instead of thinking how bad a design it is.
That is, you want to execute functionality from 2 actions in 1
request, and I guess that you have the functionality scattered on two
*different* Action classes.
I would try to refactor the functionality in one Action class (or an
Action superclass and one subclass) in such a way that the first
execute() method call the second directly without forcing the
framework to "chain" those two actions (which is a bad idea IMHO).

Regards,
Gabriel