struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:41:25 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Fredrik Lindberg wrote:

> I am looking for if there is any alternative to the redirect-action
> result type where it does not generate a browser redirect?

It's not clear to me what you want.

Do you want to *forward* to another action? I've never tried it, but did
you try the normal dispatch result?

Also why not send what the client wants right away?

Because it's a redirect?

> What I want is having control over what properties are
> passed on to the next action in the same way as for the redirects, but
> without the overhead. Can anyone help? =)

I suppose you could configure the parameter filter interceptor for each
action, but ugh.

Dave (2012-09-26... well that seemed redundant; does your email client not
show dates?)