struts-dev mailing list archives

From Fredrik Lindberg <fredri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:20:51 GMT
Ok, let's call it "chaining done better", why is there no such thing
in Struts2? If you read what it says about chaining it is really not
recommended in the Struts2 documentation, and I agree, because
parameters are not handled on in a nice way, but why not fix that?
What is the issue?

True, reloads can be a bit tricky, but that this is in IMHO not an
issue Struts2 needs to solve. You might, in fact, have the same
problem if you reload in other cases as well. You could e.g. have
created some kind of add action and running it again, via a reload,
might add something twice.

/ Fredrik Lindberg (2012-09-28).