struts-dev mailing list archives

From Fredrik Lindberg <fredri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:38:15 GMT
Hi!

Forward is, correct me if I am wrong, what you get when you use the
dispatch result type, but as far as I have been able to tell you can
only forward to a view, like e.g. a JSP. I want to however "forward"
to another action without the round-trip of a redirect. In other
words, I want to switch, based on the result of the first action,
which action is being executed before the system determines which view
to use.

Yes, having to do some kind of interceptor for this seems like very complicated.

/ Fredrik Lindberg (2012-09-26).