struts-dev mailing list archives

From Fredrik Lindberg <fredri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 06:50:56 GMT
IMHO this does not have to lead to any worse code than what you had
before - remember, we are just changing redirect-action configurations
in the action-mappings.xml. The whole point, in fact, with the
action-mappings.xml is to manage such dependencies - it's the glue, if
you like. Sure, I might not see in what ways others could create a
mess with this, but even then, is it really a problem Struts2 should
solve? I am also not sure what this would do to the Struts2 code,
maybe there are some design problems?

Well, I also have a suspicion, by reading through other posts, that
people might have been looking for this, but have failed to describe
the real problem. I have also seen complaints (maybe old ones?) about
OGNL creating worse performance, compared to other frameworks, but I
think if you look at server response times the redirects can be worse,
at least from the performance tests I have seen. On the other hand,
maybe the application I, and the rest of the team I am working with,
is creating a much more complex application than most people normally
do. Could very well be that Struts2 is not even the right tool for the
job. ;-)

I will have a look at the code, if it is a simple thing to add what I
have been talking about to Struts2 I will probably try to contribute.

/ Fredrik Lindberg (2012-09-29).