struts-dev mailing list archives

From Fredrik Lindberg <fredri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:01:19 GMT
Hi!

Well, by "presentational side" I meant the side of the server logic
where you have already determined what view to pass to the client.

In the setup I have, every action has its own JSP for rendering
itself, but sometimes I have a need to call a different action instead
of rendering that corresponding JSP. Currently this is done via
redirects, which as far as I have read is nothing unusual. What I
would like to do now is replace the redirect with a direct call to the
following action. Is there no way to do this and in that case why? I
have been thinking of creating a new ResultType, but this seems like
standard functionality.

/ Fredrik Lindberg (2012-09-26).