struts-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Pratt <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:48:04 GMT
I think you're missing the point.  The right way to do what you're doing is
with the dispatcher.  You have your server side logic perform it's
calculations and ministrations, when it's done it returns a string telling
the "presentation side" what should happen next.  Which should be using the
dispatcher to dispatch your JSP to the browser.  If you're adamant about
keeping the two separate (which is not the "struts 2 way"), you will either
have to continue to redirect or chain, there really is no other way.  I
believe what you are really trying to accomplish is what the dispatcher is
doing.
  (*Chris*)