struts-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Pratt <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:42:28 GMT
I will correct you, because you are wrong.  The dispatch result type is the
direct streaming result type that processes JSP and streams the generated
HTML directly to the browser.  That is not the same as the "redirect"
result, which streams a 302 result code and a "location" header to the
browser.  If you are trying to make the result of one action the input to
another action without involving the browser, you'll need to use the
"chain" result.
  (*Chris*)