struts-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Pratt <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect-action alternative in Struts2 without browser redirect
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:39:29 GMT
If you're configuring this in struts.xml, you're not in the browser (i.e.
presentation side), you're in the server!  You either need to stream the
results directly from the server using one of the direct rendering engines
(jsp/freemarker/velocity/tiles) or you need to redirect to another URL or
Action.  Maybe you need to take a step back and lay out exactly what you're
trying to accomplish.
  (*Chris*)