struts-dev mailing list archives

From Shrinivas Parashar <Shrinivas_Paras...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: User Guide
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 04:15:30 GMT
We really need to improve on documentation. First thing to do in documentation is, update the
architecture diagram at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Big+Picture
 The architecture diagram should be modified to replace ActionContextCleanup filter with StrutsPrepareFilter
and replace FilterDispatcher with StrutsExecute filter.

Regards,
Shrinivas

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Luppens [mailto:philip.luppens@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 April 2012 18:35
To: Struts Developers List; lukasz.lenart@gmail.com
Cc: umeshawasthi@gmail.com
Subject: Re: User Guide

2012/4/8 Łukasz Lenart <lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com>

> 2012/4/8  <umeshawasthi@gmail.com>:
> > If you can share details about its structure and the way it was planned
> I will be happy to contribute
>
> Yeah, Philip give as advice how to proceed, what was your idea and so
> on. I've already put a link to the User Guide on the top page
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Guides

I'd love to contribute back, but honestly, I totally forgot about that
page. The problem was that our tutorials were too short and not really
focused on real-world use cases, and our documentation was mostly reference
documents, so we had a big gap missing between the two.

I'll try to have a look tomorrow evening.

Cheers,

Phil

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz http://www.lenart.org.pl/
> mobile +48 606 323 122, office +27 11 0838747
> Warszawa JUG conference - Confitura http://confitura.pl/

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." -
Randy Pausch