struts-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Demoting older Struts releases
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:14:29 GMT
Its more on encouraging users to move to releases where bug fixes and
security vulnerability fixes have been made.

 From the ancient Struts 1.2.0 release notes:
The /vote/ may also serve to /reclassify/ the /release/ to be of /Beta/
or /General Availability/ (/GA/) quality, as defined by the Apache HTTPD
project. Subsequent /votes/ may /reclassify/ the /release/, either to
promote it or to /demote/ it, as need be.

This may not be the way releases are handled now days.
Since the comitters are the ones who do the work, they make the
decisions, and reclassification would add more work.

It would give developers more justification to upgrade to a newer
version of Struts, since managers can grasp Beta vs GA.