struts-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Lenart <lukasz.len...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy Struts 2 site
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:03:22 GMT
2011/12/14 Maurizio Cucchiara <mcucchiara@apache.org>:
> IMHO we should use the project version (for example 2.3.1-SNAPSHOT).
> In this way
> * the release plugin is able to assign the right value;
> * we can keep up to date the snapshot version of the website simply running
> mvn site-deploy everytime we change something (f.i.:
>  http://struts.apache.org/2.3.1-SNAPSHOT).
>
> Once and for all, we should make clear what should contain the 2.x directory
> (maybe writing into the docs).
> IMHO it should be a symlink, but it is very annoying keep that link up to
> date for every release of Struts.
> Furthermore we should consider the opportunity to have a 3.x (or 2.5.x)
> directory.

Right now I'm thinking more about changing the Release Guide, to add
some line about "replace 2.x with planned version, commit, ....",
because it's a better approach to have 2.x site instead multiple
2.x.x-SNAPSHOT - someone has to clean them up ;-)

Let's keep the current 2.x as we can simply replace the Draft docs
with the latest version (nobody have to take care if there was an old
SNAPSHOT previously) and I'll add line to the Release Guide about
that.

Please review the latest version of Release Guide [1]

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Building+Struts+2+-+Normal+release

Regards
--
Łukasz