struts-dev mailing list archives

From Maurizio Cucchiara <mcucchi...@apache.org>
Subject Maven Release plugin doesn't work
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 19:10:16 GMT
Hi guys,
I have some trouble with maven release plugin.
It is very frustrating, but I am not able to go over the prepare phase
of the release plugin.
Whenever I execute:
mvn release:prepare -Dresume  -DautoVersionSubmodules=true
-Dpassword=******** -Dusername=mcucchiara

I always get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-7:prepare
(default-cli) on project struts2-parent: Unable to commit files
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The svn command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] svn: Commit failed (details follow):
[ERROR] svn: MKACTIVITY of
'/repos/asf/!svn/act/baa803d8-b120-4d14-a55d-3accaea97c2c':
authorization failed: Could not authenticate to server: rejected Basic
challenge (https://svn.apache.org)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
the -e switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Needless to say I am able to commit on the svn server, moreover, as
you can see, release plugin is trying to commit using the right
protocol (https)

I also noticed that we are using the 2.0-beta-7 of the plugin and the
latest version is 2.2.1.
I would proceed with struts master upgrade. Any objection?

TIA

Maurizio Cucchiara