struts-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Pratt <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Struts 3?
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:45:49 GMT
+1 on the move toward SLF4j.  The ability for the end user to choose the
logging engine that works the best for their installation is a major plus.
And taking into account that Log4j is totally supported by SLF4j means that
we can make this move without anyone losing any functionality or being
required to change their own project dependencies (like a change to Log4j
2.0 would require).
  (*Chris*)
On Aug 27, 2011 11:30 AM, "Steven Benitez" <steven.benitez@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fact that log4j is an Apache project shouldn't be a deciding
> factor, IMO. slf4j is widely adopted and would allow you to easily
> route the log messages to your favorite log framework -- be it log4j,
> logback, etc.
>
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Maurizio Cucchiara
> <mcucchiara@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>> *  Struts doesn't use Spring for DI. It actually uses an early version
of
>>> Guice.
>> Yep, IIRC the original author of Guice wrote the DI module which is
>> still in use.
>>
>>> *  There were two annotation-based plugins. One is deprecated, the other
is
>>> not. Take a look at the convention plugin. There has been some debate
over