struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comments in JSON
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:44:20 GMT
> Thanks for all the comments and links, now I've got better overview
> what's the real issue here. My idea was the same, to add some flag to
> enable / disable comments in the output with default to true.

I could not find the place but as this is not standard json the
content type of the response header should not be "application/json".
It should be something else like "application/struts-json" or similar.
As I found out with a custom content type tools like jQuery might be
able to add a Converter which is able to correct the invalid string:
http://api.jquery.com/extending-ajax/#Converters

At the moment the default is application/json which is wrong, when the
enable comments option is true by default:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/struts2/trunk/plugins/json/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/json/SerializationParams.java

I have added a similar feature to my own struts json plugin and
therefore I will implement such a converter. I will post the result
(if i manage :-)) later

Cheers,
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de