struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Comments in JSON
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:09:14 GMT
Lukasz,

One thing that has bugged me for a while is that the source of this
discussion is this class -

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts2/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/interceptor/validation/JSONValidationInterceptor.java?view=markup

Which, you will see when you pull it up, marshals to JSON manually.

However, in our JSON plugin, we have a JSON marshaller that is much
more capable. Personally, I think we should take the marshaller (or
potentially the whole plugin) and move it into core, where
JSONValidationInterceptor lives. Then, leverage the marshaller inside
of the the JSONValidationInterceptor. Another option is to move the
JSONValidationInterceptor into the plugin... But, either way, I think
it is a bit dirty to generate JSON one way from one component and then
another way from a different component.

-Wes

2011/7/12 Łukasz Lenart <lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com>:
> Thanks for all the comments and links, now I've got better overview
> what's the real issue here. My idea was the same, to add some flag to
> enable / disable comments in the output with default to true.
>
> I'm going to implement it till weekend, if not, Dale you're welcome to
> do this as I'm going for short vacation.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/