struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move CDI plugin from sandbox to trunk
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:50:25 GMT
I am sorry that I didn't bring this up during the discussion thread,
but since I voiced an opinion of using this approach in another
thread, I thought I would check the plugin that is in the sandbox. It
indeed extends our object factory and everything looks good, however I
have a problem with using weld as a dependency since it is pointing to
a repository that is not maven central. This is a testing dependency,
so I am not going to get in the way, but I would much rather see us
using something available in maven central like
simple-jndi:simple-jndi...

-0

according to -
a '-0' means - 'I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do
this.' And this is simply because I don't trust repositories other
than maven central and I think as an artifact managed within
apache-space we should be following "best practices" wherever
possible. I am not sure if I can find any specific documentation
mentioning that using the central repository is a "best practice," but
central has policies that they are at least attempting to enforce on
licensing, versioning, etc. Additionally, is is the only repository
that we (apache) have significant influence over.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.