struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Review Request: WW-3659 - strange <s:a/> behaviour with <s:include/> tag in the body
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:37:35 GMT
2011/7/5 Wesley Wannemacher <wesw@apache.org>

>  Lukasz, I'm not sure what makes this change backwards incompatible... I would say "ship
it" but I'm more curious about why moving this to the closing template would make a difference.
One thing that I noticed about the original issue is that the poster is setting the variable
in "page" scope, then attempting to access the variable from another page that is included.
I haven't spent time looking at the example war that the poster attached, but I will say this
- I don't have a problem with this change, but I might have a problem with the motivation
for making the change and I would also want to look closer at our UIBean and ClosingUIBean
if the opening template is rendered differently than the closing template.

I've compared how <s:a/> tag is developed to <s:div/> tag, in theory they
should look the same, but differ in implementation. I don't know why Anchor
defines useBody() to true, Div doesn't and it works the same. I've removed
${parameters.body} and useBody() from <s:a/> and it works as expected
(<s:include/> is evaluated).

I'm playing with different configurations to see how Anchor tag is behaving.
It looks like a problem with Anchor class and not with UIBean. Maybe it's
because of different ways to pass parameters....

Kind regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/