struts-dev mailing list archives

From Mohsen Vakilian <mvaki...@illinois.edu>
Subject Re: Interested in helping a research study on Eclipse?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 04:58:57 GMT
Hi,

We're happy to announce that CodingSpectator now supports Eclipse
Indigo (3.7) -- the latest version of Eclipse.

We are looking for more participants. Your participation in our study
will help to keep the Eclipse platform innovative. If you couldn't
participate in the study because you had to use Indigo, you can now
install CodingSpectator.

If you are interested, please sign up at
<http://codingspectator.cs.illinois.edu/ConsentForm> to participate in
our study.

We are thankful to those of you who have already participated in our study.

Regards,
Mohsen Vakilian

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Mohsen Vakilian <mvakili2@illinois.edu> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm Mohsen, a PhD student working with Prof. Ralph Johnson at the University of Illinois
at Urbana-
> Champaign (UIUC). Ralph is a co-author of the seminal book on design patterns (GoF) and
his research
> group has a history of important contributions to IDE's.
>
> Our team [1] is studying how developers interact with the Eclipse IDE for evolving and
maintaining their
> code. We are extending this invitation to Struts developers and would greatly appreciate
and value your
> participation and help in our research study.
>
> To participate you should be at least 18 years old and use the Eclipse IDE for Java development.
As a
> participant, we ask that you complete a short survey and install our Eclipse plug-in
called
> CodingSpectator [2].
>
> CodingSpectator monitors programming interactions non-intrusively in the background and
periodically
> uploads it to a secure server at UIUC. To get a representative perspective of how you
interact with
> Eclipse, we would appreciate if you could install CodingSpectator for two months. Rest
assured that we
> are taking the utmost measures to protect your privacy and confidentiality.
>
> If you are interested, you may sign up at <http://codingspectator.cs.illinois.edu/ConsentForm>,
which
> contains our consent form with all the details and procedures of our research study.
>
> Your participation will help us greatly as we try to better understand how developers
interact with their
> IDE's so we can propose improvements which fit better with their mindsets.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time! Please do not hesitate to contact me (mvakili2@illinois.edu)
if you have