struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rename @Inject to @StrutsInject
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 23:37:06 GMT
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com> wrote:
> A while back, I remember Don Brown mentioning that it is a good idea
> to keep the IoC/DI of the framework separate from the IoC/DI available
> for users. I agree with this sentiment.

I'm not sure about that, although I see the point... I'm just not
convinced that creating what's ultimately an artificial distinction
between the two really serves any purpose, and it creates a need to
understand multiple DI systems for those tweaking S2 guts.

 Because of that, i don't think
> I don't think our users are using @Inject in their web-apps.

I'm not convinced that's true, as we've seen questions regarding its
use. People not using Spring may also be using it. I've used it,
although not a lot.

> I think we should build an ObjectFactory that is aware of CDI and allow
> users to register their own container with it.

Yeah, that seems like the answer.

Dave