struts-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Pratt <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Not using servlet class??
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 03:46:54 GMT
I'm not sure if this played into the original motivation, but it does make
WebWork/Struts2 more flexible.  Since you can actually use it as a filter
for another Servlet.  You just define what rules trigger the Struts Filter
and the rest get processed by the Servlet.  If Struts2 was a Servlet itself,
you wouldn't have that option.
  (*Chris*)