struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ben McCann <bmcc...@google.com>
Subject Packaging Struts apps in deployment jars
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 03:45:54 GMT
Hi,

I did a lot of the development on the Google Guice and GXP plugins.
Unfortunately, I've found that we cannot use both of these together
internally.  What we do at Google to package apps for deployment is unzip
all the jars and then rezip them all together into a single jar.  This is
really nice since there is only a single jar to keep track of for each
binary.  However, it means we can't use more than a single Struts 2 plugin
since each plugin has its own struts-plugin.xml at the root of the jar and
they collide.

I'd like to update the Google Guice and GXP plugins so that we can use both
of them and was wondering if there were any recommendations.  I was thinking
of doing something like moving the struts-plugin.xml files to reside in our
packages (e.g. com.google.inject.extensions.struts2) and the loading them
with something like:
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.ConfigurationManager.addConfigurationProvider(new
XmlConfigurationProvider(strutsPluginPath));

However, I see that ConfigurationManager.addConfigurationProvider has been
updated and is no longer static.  Also, I wasn't sure how I could trigger
this code to be called.  Any ideas on what I might be able to do?

Thanks,
Ben