struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content-type returned by JSONInterceptor
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 04:29:15 GMT
I think JSON rpc was not really well defined at the moment, there was
minimal information on some dojo wiki if I remember right.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM, John Lindal <lindalj@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Cool!  But this raises the issue that Struts2 isn't implementing JSON-RPC 2.0 correctly:
>
>  http://groups.google.com/group/json-rpc/web/json-rpc-2-0
>  http://groups.google.com/group/json-rpc/web/json-rpc-over-http
>
> Specifically, the json plugin doesn't return a jsonrpc element with value "2.0" and doesn't
use the standard error codes.

> Adding the jsonrpc element is easy, but changing the errors codes will break backward
compatibility.  Thoughts?

> John
>

> On 3/3/11 5:07 PM, "Dave Newton" <davelnewton@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A search for the json-rpc type seems to return a lot of hits.
>
> On Thursday, March 3, 2011, John Lindal <lindalj@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> I just noticed that org.apache.struts2.json.JSONUtil.writeJSONToResponse() sets the
Content-type to 'application/json-rpc' for RPC responses.  Is this really correct?  I know
browsers understand application/json, but do they understand application/json-rpc?

>> Unless anybody objects, I would like to switch to application/json, since that is
the standard type for JSON data.