struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: getting the container (or Configuration/ConfigurationManager) in a non-container-instantiated object
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:34:20 GMT
Sorry to keep coming back to this guys, but I'm still mulling over this...

If any of you get the chance, can you look over StrutsPrepareFilter,
InitOperations, PrepareOperations and StrutsExecuteFilter and tell me
that a single Dispatcher instance isn't simply shared across all of a
web-app's lifecycle? If I'm right, and the ThreadLocal<Dispatcher>
declaration is pointless, then that will make it pretty easy for me to
subclass one of the filters to make the Dispatcher visible.

Thanks!

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher