struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.len...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: A new release
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:29:32 GMT
2011/2/18 Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org>:
>> Besides it's more about promoting a release. I was asking about that
>> sometime ago. It would be great to promote Betas or RCs without
>> calling for a Vote.
>
> There is no such thing as a release without a vote. Every release must
> be voted on by the PMC, no exceptions. It doesn't matter how it's
> labeled.

I've read throughout all the docs I found out and now it's a bit clear
for me - release and build - I was mixing these terms ;-)
Anyway, as you said, there is no release without a vote. I was
thinking about a test build, but right now we have snapshots, so it
should be sufficient.

I'm still missing something, but it's just matter of time to figure
out how it should be / how it works ;-)
The second thing, the whole talk about preparing the release plan
should be included into the release page - it explains a lot - many
thanks Wendy!

Ok, let's start preparing a new release ... ;-)

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/