struts-dev mailing list archives

From Maurizio Cucchiara <maurizio.cucchi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XWork maven-shade-plugin configuation
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 04:40:13 GMT
John,
I didn't follow the asm's matter, but as I said a couple of days ago
[1] struts-core already depends on commons-io library (actually is a
fileupload's dependency), so there cannot be a struts application
without common-io library along its path.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3549

On 30 January 2011 20:30, John Lindal <lindalj@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> In regards to this ticket:
>
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XW-388
>
> Nothing in the entire Struts2 code base references either org.apache.commons.io.xwork
or org.objectweb.asm.xwork.  I assume these relocations were intended to be for internal
use only?  If so, we could significantly reduce the size of the XWork jar by removing these
relocations from the pom.xml.

--
Maurizio Cucchiara