struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.len...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: A new release
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:11:58 GMT
I was thinking about that and there isn't possible to release Struts
2.2.2-BETA1, I mean, the intention is to always release a GA version,
but during the Vote process it can be changed to a Beta. My point of
view is more from technical perspective. Before calling a Vote I must
walk through Maven release process where I must provide the name for
the artifacts. So in such a case it would be 2.2.2 but my intention is
to release a Beta version. So I should call it 2.2.2-BETA1 but then I
cannot cast a Vote with the GA option.

So, is it possible to call for a Vote just with the [] Beta option ?
If the Votes passes, the release can be officially promoted to Maven
Central Repo as a Beta, if not, it can be deleted.

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/