struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: getting the container (or Configuration/ConfigurationManager) in a non-container-instantiated object
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:57:06 GMT
Let me put the whole thing a bit differently...

Does anyone know of a way to get a reference to the Container (or
ConfigurationManager or Configuration) from within -

ServletContextListener.contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent sce)

Or, maybe I could refactor some stuff and do it within -

Servlet.init(ServletConfig config)

I was hoping for some way to grab a hold of one of the filters
(Prepare or Execute) and yanking the Container out of there, but I
can't seem to find a good way to get at it, outside of Struts but
within a web-app.

-Wes

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com> wrote:
> This isn't a request thread... It is spawned from a ServletContextListener.
>
> I am still playing around, I have a ServletContext object right now
> (in the debugger) and I'm seeing if I can get the container from
> there.
>
> I'll check out Ben's solution and see if that helps.
>
> -Wes
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM, John Lindal <lindalj@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> The simplest solution - if it's possible - is to make the spawned thread a parent
of the request thread, and then grab what you need from the parent thread as soon as the child
thread starts.

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.