struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Fwd: 2x docs
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 18:20:27 GMT
Sorry, forgot to check the list of recipients... (Way) Below is my original
response.

Also, I am curious if it was intended, but if you go to -

http://struts.apache.org/2.x

and compare that to -

http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/

2.x now appears to be only an export of confluence. I noticed because I
wanted to look at some xwork/struts2 javadocs, and the link used to appear
on the page which is viewable at http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/

-Wes

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: 2x docs
To: lukasz.lenart@gmail.com

Lukasz,

You should probably make sure and update the release docs in confluence so
that we remember to update rename 2.x to the release version # and create a
new 2.x. Also, I would suggest not putting that shell script into cron. The
thing about cron is that it will only be accessible by you. We had a bunch
of trouble tracking down some problems with the nightly builds a few years
ago because it was all run on people.a.o via (James Holmes?) cron. That was
my main motivation for setting up CI in Hudson. Hudson isn't cron, but it
does have enough capabilities that I think we could probably automate what
you want in hudson and then have the benefit that other teammates with
hudson access could modify if/when necessary.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.