struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A new release
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:39:27 GMT
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Lukasz Lenart
<lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com> wrote:
> So, is it possible to call for a Vote just with the [] Beta option ?
> If the Votes passes, the release can be officially promoted to Maven
> Central Repo as a Beta, if not, it can be deleted.

As release manager you can frame the vote however you want.  If you
have specific reasons for calling it a Beta release (unfinished
feature, API not yet locked down,) then you can mention them.  It's
unlikely the rest of the dev team will revolt and insist on labeling
it GA. ;)

The convention here (decided long ago) is to use "plain" numbered
versions like 2.3.4 and apply a quality label to them later.  It's not
clear whether you want to change that, but if so I'd suggest digging
back through the archives to understand why it was done and then
starting a separate thread to discuss.

--
Wendy