struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: getting the container (or Configuration/ConfigurationManager) in a non-container-instantiated object
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:02:58 GMT
Because, I'm not in a request-processing thread...

In this app, I have a ServletContextListener that launches threads for
managing some housekeeping stuff (in this case, looking for specific
xml files in jars). I need the configured packages (PackageConfigs)
within one of these threads.

I did try to get the Dispatcher instance, but it kept coming back
null, which led me to dig a bit and then I realized that I am not in a
request processing thread (neither is the ServletContextListener that
launched the thread). I am going to try to poke around the
ServletContext to see if I can get the container that way.

-Wes

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Maurizio Cucchiara
<maurizio.cucchiara@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wes,
> to be frankly I didn't get what you said.
>
> Dispatcher.getInstance().getContainer() should be yield a container
> reference (among the other things it's the better way a know in order
> to do that).
>
> What's the problem with the threadlocal stuff?
>
> On 10 February 2011 17:43, Wes Wannemacher <wesw@wantii.com> wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> I am in a non-struts environment (spring class, loaded by a customer
>> ServletContextListener), and I am trying to get my hands on the Struts
>> 2 configuration. I first tried to do -
>>
>> Dispatcher.getInstance().getContainer()
>>
>> But, the dispatcher instance is a threadlocal. I don't really care
>> about the dispatcher, I'd just like to get a ref to the container.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> -Wes
>>
>> --
>> Wes Wannemacher
>>
>> Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
>> Need Training? Struts, Spring, Maven, Tomcat...
>> Ask me for a quote!

> --
> Maurizio Cucchiara

Wes Wannemacher