struts-dev mailing list archives

From emil thushanga <thusha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Displaying intermediate results as they are generated
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:53:52 GMT
Use Execute and wait interceptor , there you can show the progress of
your processing in a wait page. as a example number of results  found

thanks emil

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Daniel Gerber <daniel.gerber@me.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently implementing a very simple web application with Struts2. It basically works
as follows: A user enters two keywords in the index.jsp page and then, a rather complex algorithm
(takes 15-30s to complete) gets started with those two keywords as parameters and shows those
results in a showResults.jsp page. The thing is, that it's unacceptable for users to wait
this long without any change in the view. My question is now: due to the fact that this algorithm
generates viewable results after a view seconds, how is it possible with Struts2 to display
those results as they are produced.

> Cheers,
> Daniel

Emil Thushanga