struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.len...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [S2.2.1] Javassist dependency
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:22:36 GMT
2010/8/18 Dave Newton <davelnewton@gmail.com>:
> There's now a hard dependency on Javassist, and it's included in the
> S2-blank app. It's not in the distro's /lib directory, though; is there a
> build reason for that?

All the standards Struts2 apps are build with Javassist library to be
able run on any App server out of box, instead JBoss.JBoss already
includes Javassist library, so dedicated application was made for it,
without Javassist library.

Javassist library was excluded in OGNL 3.0 - but I think we should
switch back everything - include Javassist in OGNL, prepare dedicated
JBoss application with Javassist excluded. Current approach generates
more problem than it should :P

Regards
--
Łukasz