struts-dev mailing list archives

From Robert <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [maven/intellij] Still fighting Maven and/or IntelliJ
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 03:34:18 GMT

Dave,

If you haven't gotten this to work ...
I am assuming you are using IJ 8,9 or X.
It sounds like the problem is only in IntelliJ and not when you build
from the command line, correct ?

The Struts IntelliJ project that I see in SVN is struts2\src\main\idea,
is still being updated, and is this what you are using ?

Have you tried the obvious items such as:
1) Making sure the target/out directory are excluded the project, so the
jar resolution will not go here first.
2) make sure there that the struts2 module does not have a dependency on
the xwork-core module.
3) How was XWork installed into your maven repository ?
      Did you build it with IntelliJ then install it or are you using
the external/apache repo ?
      If you installed it locally from a build were the meta files maven
creates for local repositories properly created ?
3) Have you tried telling IntelliJ to reindex your local maven repository ?
       This sometimes forces IJ to see those jars.