struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Velocity?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 00:20:29 GMT
On 6/30/10 7:31 PM, Matt Raible wrote:
> In regards to Struts Menu, I tried to upgrade it to the Velocity 1.5 a
> couple of years ago, but there was a bug that prevented me from doing so.
> More details at the following URL:
>
> http://issues.appfuse.org/browse/APF-684

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-532 was marked "cannot
reproduce" against the 1.6 codebase, so I'm guessing that wouldn't be an
issue with 1.6 (although others may surface).

I had been using 1.5 for quite a while, but since I've done such
extensive rewriting to the .vm's that I use I assume I've been working
around that $velocityCount bug (I recall that I fought it at one point,
but don't remember exactly what the resolution was -- the fact I just
upgraded from 1.5 instead of from 1.4 seems to indicate at least partial
success :-).

With the 1.6.3 (/ 2.0 for tools) upgrade it works for a while, then just
stops altogether, so I'm assuming it's some sort of engine configuration
issue (with the engine not having the right lifespan or somesuch).
Rather than tracking it down right now I'm reverting back to 1.5 (unless
someone can point to a struts issue that this would re-introduce).

-Dale