struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.2.0 Vote
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:20:40 GMT
2010/6/29 Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com>:
> 2010/6/29 Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com>:
>> Assemblies are an important part of the vote, at least if you are not
>> doing a pure Maven-based distribution.
>> It's not a question of "remember to upload". In your call for a vote,
>> you put the staging repository as the place to download the
>> distribution: this is wrong, it is not obvious that you have to search
>> inside the repository to find the assemblies.
>> You *have to* cancel the vote and then, at least, rewrite the vote
>> thread correcting the distribution piece. I don't think you need to
>> upload the assemblies immediately (though I suggest you to do it), it
>> could be enough to point to the subdirectory of the staging repository
>> containing only the assemblies.
>
> Ok, I see your point, but the whole Maven base release is made by
> Nexus and I must write a script or a Maven task to do it
> automatically.

I don't think other Struts release managers uploaded automatically here:
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.8.1/
However, in Tiles I did something that might help here:
http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/tiles/framework/trunk/assembly/pom.xml
Look at the release plugin and antrun configuration. Notice that I
have to fix it after our migration to Nexus (I need to use
"apache-release" profile, not "release"), but it worked with
snapshots.

HTH
Antonio