struts-dev mailing list archives

From WannaAsk <gama...@walla.co.il>
Subject Using Struts2 with no tags
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 12:18:39 GMT

Hi everyone,
I wonder if you could guide me on this struts issue - I feel hopeless on
this...:confused:

I am working on migrating our web application to a Struts 2 portlet (I'm
using Struts 2.1.8). The thing is, I am forced to avoid struts tags because
our application relies on Dijit widgets, which are omitted when using struts
tags.
So now I should implement the <s:form> tag using scriptlets.

My question is: how you would suggest I imitate the way struts handles the
"action" attribute?

Right now it appears I should:
1. Create a regular html form in my jsp.
2. Get/create the ActionConfig object during onsubmit and set on it values
which match my desired destination: class+method+result jsp.
3. Execute the action I set in 2.

Would you recommend this? If so - is ActionConfig obtained from the session?
Can I initiate an action execution from ActionConfig?

(Aletrnatively... generating an action url using struts' form.vm file - what
do you say?)

I would appreciate any help on this - Thanks a lot in advance!!!:handshake: