struts-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Joseph Krogh <andr...@officenet.no>
Subject Properties not getting @Injected in custom-converter
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:35:07 GMT
Hi.

Environment:

$ uname -a
Linux prod2 2.6.20-17-server #2 SMP Thu Jul 10 00:12:43 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_19"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 16.2-b04, mixed mode, sharing)

apache-tomcat-6.0.26

I'm using Struts-2.1.8.1 and have a custom converter for java.util.List registered in xwork-conversion.properties:

java.util.List=no.officenet.origo.frontend.converter.ListConverter

This converter extends XWorkBasicConverter and on our production-server we experience that
all properties being injected by the setters having the @Inject annotation are null, resulting
in lots of NPEs at runtime. We don't know if the setters are called with a <null> argument
or if they're not called at all. The strange thing is that it works if we turn on debugging
(./catalina jpda start). It also works on all our development-machines (Intel core2 duo),
laptops, while the production-server is a dual Xeon machine. I have no clue why this is happening
and the logs show nothing. There is very minimal logging in ContainerImpl and related xwork-classes.

Anybody have a suggestion on where to go from here?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CTO