struts-dev mailing list archives

From Unmesh joshi <unmesh_jo...@hotmail.com>
Subject UriTemplate support in struts
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 03:55:41 GMT

Hi,
We wanted to expose Restful URLs as explained in (http://uritemplate.codeplex.com/).
Currently struts has two action mappers which support Restful urls. RestFul2ActionMapper and
Rest plugin's action mapper.
The problem with Restful2 action mapper is that it expects parameter names in url
e.g. If i want to have Url like
www.mysite.com/games/action/1999
In RestFul2ActionMapper I will need to give
www.mysite.com/games/type/action/year/1999
In Rest plugin I cant even have more than one parameters in the URL part because it always
expects last part of url to be ID.
There is some thing I can do with use of namespaces, but there are limitations.

I want to be able to specify url templates like
/games/{gameType}/{year} and then match URL like games/action/1999 to action names GamesAction
with type parameter set to action and year parameter set to 1999.

I am planning to write plugin for struts that will support UriTemplate. Just wanted to check
if anyone has done anything like this already?

Thanks,Unmesh

Green cities and the melting world
http://green.in.msn.com/